PATENTED SAS FORKS RAILCAR COUPLER ATTACHMENT with E-STOP AIR BRAKE
- U.S.A. Patent US 11,518,421 B1
EMERGENCY STOP AIR BRAKE OPTION:
- Provides safety stopping ability to enhance wheel loader’s standard brakes.
- Air compressor is VMAC G30 gas internal combustion engine integrated on board SAS Railcar coupler.
- Control panel for operator in cab for engine shut off, pressure monitoring & e-stop, with detachable cable.
- No specialty hydraulic installation. No bulky installation on rear of machine prone to backup damage.
Improve yard safety:
- Eliminate possible run away cars.
- Securely attaches to railcar hitch for moving either forward or reverse.
- Operator is in complete control of car while coupler is attached.
Simple, durable design:
- Made of heavy structural steel.
- No assembly required, put to use immediately.
- Mechanically operated coupler locking lever, no hydraulics to maintain or repair.
- Can be manufactured for any two yard size wheel loader or larger.
- Move all types of railcars without damage to sides or undercarriage.
- Using coupler prevents damage to forks or bucket of loader.
Standard design available without Emergency Air Brake Assist:
- Standard fixed and sliding railcar coupler attachments for wheel loaders are available
- Same heavy duty structural steel design
- Standard unit, without optional air emergency brake, may be more cost effective solution for operations that have a lower frequency of use.
- Click here for standard unit photos and more information.
Option: Brake stick mounted to SAS Railcar attachment:
- Safely stand on ground, avoid crawling on railcar to release or set manual parking brake, after securing SAS Railcar attachment to wheel loader and railcar.
- Mounted directly on the SAS Railcar attachment, to provide this tool (the Brake-Stick), close and ready for ease of operator.
- Allows operator to increase compliance with any applicable railway or spur regulations related to engaging manual parking brake on parked railcars.
- See video on use and safety achieved with this Brake-Stick click here.